How to get a job in a top architecture firm
Architecture Portfolio | Resume | Cover Letter | Skills
Learn at your own pace
Why you should work with an experienced architect before starting your studio?
Apart from the design skills, there are plenty of skills architects need to be successful.
Skills that design school doesn’t teach us…
- From Pen to Paper to Reality – Industry experience with professionals benefits you as it allows you to see how an expert solves complex design challenges and create marvelous designs.
- To learn how to network and work with prestigious clients.
- To learn and understand what goes behind running and operating a successful design studio.
- To learn how to manage your time productively while working on multiple projects with close deadlines.
- To learn how to educate, manage clients, and their requirements effectively.
- To learn how to face and overcome professional challenges especially when times are tough.
- To learn the skillset and gain the experience required to become a successful architect.
With so many skills and competencies, what is it that employers look for? What will make us stand out in the heaps of applications received for a job post? How can we tackle various challenges when seeking employment or our choice of experience?
If you are also looking for answers to all these questions, you have come to the right place. This course is specially curated to help you find answers to all such questions and improve your chances to land a job in the firm or organization of your choice.
This course series will help you gain, develop and hone the essential skills needed to help you stand out in the workforce and advance in today’s dynamic job market by enhancing your employability.
Come join Architect Valentino Gareri to learn the art of successful job applications, architectural portfolio building and reimagining your architecture or design career.
Completing this course will help you:
- Instructor’s Introduction
- Envisioning your architecture and design career.
- How to utilize your time in design school.
- Adopting the right mindset to succeed.
- Define your short-term and long-term career goals.
- How to pick the right firm or studio to work during/after college.
- Non technical skills – Communication, writing, problem solving, time management etc.
- Technical skills – Software skills, design thinking etc.
- Crafting a Winning Resume.
- Writing a Winning Cover Letter.
- How to get excellent letters of reference?
- Do’s and don’ts of portfolio.
- Do’s and don’t of Cover Letter.
- Mistakes to avoid.
- Limited Work Experience for the job.
- Presenting yourself when you don’t have sufficient work experience.
- Work Visa challenges.
- Your Grades or Test Scores.
- Preparing and presenting yourself when you don’t have good grades and test scores.
- Why do you need an effective portfolio?
- Preparing materials and assets.
- Order of a portfolio(materials, assets, projects etc)
- What to include in your portfolio?
- Typography – fonts selection.
- Types of pages/spreads.
- Delivery types and how to plan for them.
- Portfolio length(number of pages).
- Number of projects you should include.
- Drawing/images vs explanation text count/limit.
- Portfolio for architecture and design school(for post graduation studies)
- Portfolio for Architectural Internship.
- Portfolio for Job.
meet the course mentor
Valentino Gareri is an Italian architect with a senior experience in the industry known for his ability to successfully integrate ideas from a great variety of fields into his work.
He is a prominent and distinguished architectural designer who is highly regarded among experts in the field.
Valentino has worked on numerous distinguished design projects throughout the world (Italy, Australia and United States) and these projects have been widely covered in architectural publications and the wider international press.
Born in Italy, Valentino graduated with honors in 2010 at IUAV – University of Venice, studying Sustainable Architecture, and became registered Architect in 2011.His thesis degree has been published in the Fassa Bortolo Award 2012 edited by University of Architecture of Ferrara. For his studies on sustainable design, he received several international awards, such as the Sustainable Architecture Award – Fassa Bortolo 2012 and the SAIE Selection 2011 Award.
In the 2019 the European Commission awarded him with the European Sustainable Award as part of the team Workshop Reconstruction – MCA. Valentino Gareri has been Assistant Professor of Architectural Design in 2012 and 2013 at the University of Parma, Italy. Today based in New York, during his career he had the opportunity to work with prestigious international practices, such as Renzo Piano Building Workshop, Mario Cucinella Architects and BIG – Bjarke Ingles Group.
Valentino is the promoter of the mindset approach ‘DREAMING IS MORE’, encouraging artists and architects to inspire people to dream for a better world.
‘Dreaming is more’ is an encouragement to every person to find their inner talent, to feed it, and use it to change the world.
‘Architects have the responsibility to give a big contribution to make our planet a better place where we can live in today, and the best home for the new generations tomorrow.‘
– (Valentino Gareri)
How do I receive the early registration discount?
Candidates who register before 10th February automatically receive a discount on course registration fees. To qualify for this discount, payment must be submitted by the early registration deadline.
Early registration fee: 2000 INR or 28 USD
Registration fee after 10th February: 8000 INR or 110 USD
Can I get a refund if I am unable to attend the course?
You can request a refund before 20th Feburary 2021.
You can contact us by sending an email to [email protected] indicating the email you use for course registration, the order ID and the reason for the refund.Please note we are unable to reimburse for any currency conversion fees charged by your bank.