Online course on
How to start your own architecture or interior design firm
Learn how to start, manage & grow your own architecture or interior design firm from scratch
A complete step-by-step online course to help you learn every aspect of launching & running a successful architecture or design practice. From the business side of things, necessary paperwork to the marketing side of things like getting your first architecture project, branding and overcoming various challenges as a fresher. Whether you’re a student, freelancer or looking to start or grow your architecture or interior design firm, this course will help you figure out how to plan, manage & scale your firm effectively.
Prerecorded - Learn at your own pace
TOPICS YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS COURSE
Module 1: Starting out / branding for practice
- Studio name
- Core values
- Profile/ portfolio
- Personal Profile
- Social media handles – Facebook/ Instagram/ Linkedin/ Twitter/ other ways of online presence
- Website & blog
- Business cards, letterheads, email signatures, etc
Module 2: How to get projects
- How to get the first project
- How to do marketing/ PR – Social media, Website, Portfolio etc
Module 3: Hiring & Office Set-up
- Is capital investment required?
- When and what do to do set-up an office?
- When to hire employees?
- How to find employee?
- Employee offer letter and salaries?
Module 4: Project Execution
- Different stages of project – from design to execution
- How to coordinate with consultants?
- How to deal with vendor?
- How to educate & deal with clients?
- Challenges as a fresher & how to overcome them
- Creating a network
Module 5: Project documentation
- Contracts/ proposal for client
- How to quote for a project?
- How to make a Preliminary estimate, BOQ, Specifications?
- Project time tracking – Tools that help in project management
- Other important document – transmittals/ invoices/ etc
- Document finances & accounts
- Drawing documentation & Project handover documentation
- Creating a database with every completed project
Module 6: Business of architecture
- How to define Business Goals to succeed?
- Checklist for quarterly, annually reviews
- How to manage your finances?
- Managing the information & Data
- How to communicate remotely?
What can this course do for me?
This course will help you learn every aspect of launching & running a successful architecture or design practice. From the business side of things, necessary paperwork to the marketing side of things like getting your first architecture project, branding and overcoming various challenges as a fresher. Whether you’re a student, freelancer or looking to start or grow your architecture or interior design firm, this course will help you figure out how to plan, manage & scale your firm effectively.
College doesn’t prepare you to manage and plan a successful career in architecture. They don’t teach you the business side of architecture, which is crucial to establishing a profitable architecture firm.
Graduated? now you want to start an architecture or interior design firm but don’t know how and when to start. What are the necessary steps or skills you need to gain before you proceed? This course is for you and will help you learn the framework that will save you time & establish a practice.
Planning on quitting your day job? Want to fulfil your dream of running your own practice? You are full of new ideas and want to explore & implement them with your firm and want to discuss your plan with an industry professional who can guide and mentor you in the process.
Architecture Firm Owners/Partners:
Started your studio? Now want to scale your business by learning more about finances, hiring and managing the team, attracting more leads to grow your firm.
This course is open to architecture & interior design students & freshers interested in starting their firm/studio.
Registered participants can access course content at any time from the ArchitectureChat website.
- Click on the enroll button(scroll down).
- Proceed to the checkout page.
- Fill-up the required information to create your student profile.
- Complete payment to enroll in the course.
Course fee & registration
₹ 999 $13 €12
This includes access to course resources & video lectures.
There are no additional fees or taxes.
Limited time offer
₹ 2400 $30 €29
Anika Mittal Dhawan
Founder Director, Mold design studio
Anika Mittal Dhawan is an Architect and an Urban Designer with over 16 years of experience across all facets of the design and construction industry in Indian and the UK. Leveraging her past experiences gained across a multitude of projects ranging from boutique residences to commercial complexes and hospitality to master planning projects; Anika is providing comprehensive solutions across all stages of design and construction through mold design studios. We, at mold design studio are also consulting for urban design projects in India. Anika has also been a visiting faculty at the School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi. She is a keen photographer, and her design and photographic work has been published in journals in India and abroad.
What our students are saying...
“I am already a practicing architect, but I maybe due to the pandemic stopped getting work. I joined this course purely to understand if I was on the right track since I have no business mentor/ background. Now I understood that I am on the right track I just need to give it some time and improve on a few things. In short I am glad I joined the course because I was planning to shut down and now I feel may be I should give it some more time as now I know what to change in my working style. So many Thanks! to you for organizing this.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there prerequisites?
This course is open to architecture & interior design students & freshers interested in starting their practice.
Do I need any prior knowledge to succeed with this course?
Absolutely not! To succeed in this course all you need is the willingness to learn & take action, a curious mind and the desire to succeed.
Do I get a certificate for completing this course?
Yes, a certificate of completion will be provided.
If you have any questions about the course that we don’t address on our course page, submit this form, and we’ll get back to you!