Hey guys!! Welcome back to our webpage. Today we will be talking about the best architecture pens for students and professionals. So, continue to read this article and find out everything you need to know:-
Architecture has always been about representing your thought and ideas graphically. While the world continues to drift towards using various software’s; I still think rendering with pen and ink is the best way to get the job done.
What is an inking pen?
Inking pen or an ordinary pen is the strongest tool an architect can use to represent his/her idea. Inking pens can be simply defined as a pen that’s charged up with ink.
The market today, offers us a wide range of ink pens to choose from. Just identify your needs – for example, type of nib, type of ink, color of ink, usage etc. Answering all of these questions will help you identify the most suitable ink pen for your work.
What pens do architects use?
I was curious about the various types of pens professionals use; So, I reached out to an expert to know more. Soumik Ghosh is a sketch artist and a designer, who has used a wide array of pens for his art work over the years.
He mostly talked about the use of sketch pens for coloring, fine liners for drafting, fountain pens for calligraphy and signatures, brush pens for rendering and a many more. While all these pens have been more than kind to him; Soumik simply says that – ‘Pens are just a tool. The pens don’t add value to us; our talent adds value to these pens’. This simply explains his love and fondness towards using a simple ball point pen for most of his drawings
What are the best pens for drawing?
In this section, I will talk about the best of architecture pens that are available in the market. You guys can easily select your favorite. Just take a look at these reviews.
1. Rotring Rapidograph .18mm Technical Drawing Pen
Rotring rapidograph is a great choice of architecture pen for making technical drawings. Architecture students are known to use these pens for making detailed hand drawings.
- This rapidograph pen has capillary cartridges that can be easily refilled with suitable ink.
- The pen has a special pressure equalizer system to avoid spills and leakage.
- Students are recommended to use it on line boards, gateway, vellum drawing sheets and tracing papers.
- The pen has a special stainless steel nib.
- Colored inks can be used to refill these rotring drawing pens.
2. Staedtler Pigment Liner, 0.05mm
Staedtler is a very famous organization, well known for selling stationary items like pencils, color pencils, pens etc. This Pigment Liner (.05mm) is just another architecture pen by Staedtler. The professionals are known to use it for making detailed drawings with accuracy and precision.
- It is a use and throw pen, with is no scope of reuse or refills.
- Thus pen has a .05 mm nib. The company also offers us pigment liners with nib size varying from .05mm to .8mm.
- This architecture pens has an option of only black colored ink
- This pen is a perfect too for sketching and drafting.
- The product is economical. It’s a great choice for students who cannot afford rotring pens.
3. Faber-Castell 1.00mm Technical Drawing Pen
Indians must be well aware of the name Faber-Castell. This is yet another brand, well known for the sale of stationary items. This TG1 – S 1.00 mm is another popular choice of technical drawing pen.
- The product has a high quality stainless steel nib.
- The pen uses water-soluble ink.
- This architectural drawing pen has a 1mm wide nib.
- The product comes with an easily refillable ink reservoir.
- The company will offer you a wide range of ink color options to choose from.
- This product shows best results when used for large technical drawings.
SET OF FINE LINERS
1. Uni Pin Drawing Pens
The Uni Pin technical fine liner pens can be called one of the best pens for sketching. It is a great choice for architecture students willing to buy a set of drafting pens.
- It is set of 6 unique pens. Each one has a different nib size varying from 0.05 to .8. It is an Ideal for drawing objects with different line widths.
- Size of nibs – .05, .1, 0.2, .3, .5 and .8.
- The lightfast ink quality as well as its resistance against water makes Uni pin technical fine liners more valuable.
- This pen has specially designed long metal clad tip suitable for using it with stencils and rulers.
- The soft and comfortable grip of the pen can easily increase your work efficiency.
2. Sakura Pigma Micron Ink Pen
Sakura Pigma Micron pens are a great choice for architects. If you are looking for accuracy, intricate details and good quality finish, the Sakura pigma microns for architects should be your first choice.
- The product offers a smooth and hassle free writing and sketching experience for users.
- These pens have long and thin nib tips.
- The size of these pen nibs vary from – 0.2 mm to 0.5 mm
- These pens come in a set of 6 pieces.
- The manufacturers offer a wide range of ink colors to choose from.
- The product uses a specially manufacture pigment ink. Its waterproof, fade resistant, it prevents smears and the pink simply dries to a pH Neutral.
- The pens ink does not bleed /pass through the think paper.
OTHER ARCHITECTURE PENS
1. Faber-Castell Fountain Pen
This is yet another master piece designed and manufactured by Faber-castell. This a perfectly balanced fountain pen, perfect for calligraphy and signatures.
- The designers have given it a special and highly appealing barrel texture.
- The pen has soft and comfortable grip for a better and improved user experience.
- This fountain pen has a sharp stainless steel nib, which assures neat handwriting.
- Users can easily buy ink to refill its cartridge. (Ink for this pen is highly economical)
- The company also offers a converter along with the pen, although it will cost you some extra money.
This is one of the best fountain pens for architects.
2. ACME Studios Crossword Seven Function Pen
This product is a great example of mechanical pencils. It’s also equipped with 6 more functions that will blow your mind. The young students and professionals are known to use these instead of the regular wooden pencils.
- The mechanical pencil has a 7mm nib
- It comes with an eraser to be used along with the lead.
- This seven function pen has red, blue and black inked ballpoint.
- This pen is equipped with a easily detachable clip which is supposed to into the headphone jack spot of your tabs and cellphones.
- Most importantly, it has a strong and sleek tip.
3. Tombow 62038 Fudenosuke Brush Pen
These are one of the best architecture pens available for rendering and sketching. This dynamic duo comes with a hard tip and a soft tip brush.
- This is a set of brush pens.
- It’s available in a pack of 2, 6 and 10.
- You can draw lines of different line weights by simply manipulating the pressure on brush.
- Unlike other pens, Tombow brush pen are pigmented and odorless water based ink.
- These brush pens are available in numerous colors.
- These pens cannot be refilled.
4. Architect Custom Engraved Pen
Customizing objects is a very popular trend these days. A custom engraved ink pen will be a great choice of gift for your architect friends. I call it the best (favorite) sign pen for an architect.
- This is a great choice of gift one can give to their friends.
- Symbol, names or designs are engraved through laser on the aluminum finish.
- The engraving will not peel off or fade away. It will stay intact for ages.
- The design of this pen is very subtle yet posh.
- The pen portraits a perfectly balanced ergonomics design.
5. Pen Type-A
This is the most unique and amazing set of architecture pen I have ever used. My friends call it the best architecture pen based on its unconventional design. The designer’s idea of combining a pen and ruler was makes it very appealing for designers and architects.
- The ruler is a precise and accurate metal cover for the pen.
- The pen has a long and strong stainless steel tip for writing.
- This is a unique pen that you can pass on as a gift for generations.
Each and every one of these pens have their unique features. Just match your needs with these features to select the best one. Happy Shopping.
*Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through affiliate link. You may read full disclosure policy for more information. Thanks for supporting us.